Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and everything in-between
So, how do we find a supportive trading community? Start by exploring the social media of your broker. Check the website for official links and join the social media you are most comfortable with.
- Read posts, share your thoughts on it and communicate with others in comments. It’s the best way to learn how to trade Forex - you have real people with the same problems right in front of you. Ask for help if you need it and help others. Real community is about supporting each other.
- Publish content with relevant hashtags, stickers, AR-masks. This way, other traders and Forex enthusiasts will be able to find your account and follow you. Maybe you even get to interest one of your friends to share your passion for trading!
- Take part in contests, giveaways and challenges. It’s a great way for exposure in the community, especially if you are a beginner.
- Hashtag system is also helpful here. You can follow specific hashtags to make sure you stay updated on your favourite topics.
- Don’t be shy to leave a reply to a tweet: this section is perfect for engagement with new people and discussing various topics.
- Add accounts you are interested in on selective lists. This option is available in the menu section. You can sort them into different categories and navigate your new subscriptions sorted properly.
- Check the “Trends for you” section. It displays relatable hashtags, topics, and new posts.
- Check the relatable hashtags (#trading, #forex) to find personal accounts and communities you might be interested in.
- Check if the Facebook page of your broker has a localised version. There are chances you might meet people from your city or learn about an off-line activity for traders from your country. It’s also way more comfortable for those who prefer communication in their native language.
- Leaving comments is always an excellent way to show that you are an active part of the community. Ask questions, share your success, encourage others, and exchange your trading experience with people.
- “Events” section is where you can find links to webinars, lectures and so on. Don’t forget to check it from time to time.
- “Groups” section can help you find more topic-focused communities. Don’t hesitate to check those too.
- Share your opinion with others in comments or chats during the premiere. This way, you will be able to communicate not only with other traders but with creators in real-time.
- Turn on notifications for the videos from channels that you don’t want to miss.
- Check playlists and recommended videos. YouTube’s algorithm is smart, and sometimes it knows precisely what you need.
Forums: finding your people
Joining a forum might sound a bit outdated and so 2010, but most forums dedicated to Forex are still alive, thriving and ready to accept newcomers. They have several purposes: meet other traders, learn new things, discuss relevant topics, learn more about brokers.
First, check the rules of the forum you want to join. Once you know everything about how to post and which category you can join, go ahead and leave your first comment or make a new post.
Most forums have threads dedicated to recent news, trading strategies, and price quotes. Some of them double as trading courses, so you can find a new information and discuss it with others right away.
Here’s a list of forums you might find helpful:
Smaller groups, bigger chances
There is one more way to find people who love Forex as much as you do. First, you need to find a representative of your broker; for instance, with OctaFX, you can check the IBs. Usually, their clients have access to chats where they can exchange tips, get signals, discuss the latest news. This option is perfect for people who are looking for mentorship and guidance.
Meeting new people is a perfect way to learn new things and expand your horizons. It’s never too late to make friends, just remember to respect each other and have fun!